Welcome to Winfield Elementary School!
Dear Winfield Friends and Family,
Welcome to Winfield Elementary! If you are a new family- we are thrilled to welcome you! If you are a returning family- we are pleased to see you again! I hope you will find our school website informative and useful as a resource during your time with us.
Winfield Elementary serves approximately 560 students in Preschool through Second Grade. In addition, we offer one multi-age Applied Skills Classroom to support children with exceptional needs and to assist in facilitating inclusive education. Our team of 23 classroom teachers, 3 special education teachers, 3 related arts teachers, and a support staff of 25+ are here to meet the academic, emotional, and social needs of our students.
Highlights of our instructional programming include:
- Technology enhanced courses and One-to-One Chromebooks
- Formative/Summative Assessments-NWEA MAP Suite (Reading, Language Arts, Mathematics)
- English Language Arts: CKLA Skills (phonics), CKLA Knowledge (comprehension)
- Math: Bridges in Mathematics, Dreambox
- Social/emotional: Second Step Program, PAWS (schoolwide behavior), Brain-aligned instruction
- High-ability enrichment, MTSS interventions
I am proud to continue in my tenth year leading our school. Our teachers and staff are committed to each student finding success. We work hard to find the joy in each day and each child. We are here to serve our families and community the best we can. Please reach out if we can ever be of assistance. Wishing you a wonderful school year!
Mrs. Jillian Alonzo